Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bird Flock

>> Friday, February 23, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Did this weird February warm up in the east have you digging out your short sleeve shirts a bit early? What is up w/ that? Seems like just a few minutes ago, we were freezing. I'm pretty sure winter will have a last hurrah, but spring is just around the corner. 

For my friendship card, I used the new Bird Feeder image (I love the little nuthatch!) & wonderful greeting. Since it mentions stormy weather, I wanted the background to reflect that so after stamping & coloring the bird feeder, I masked it then sponged in the bg. 
I stamped the greeting then added a few raindrops I drew & cut out. I used a birds on a wire punch across a piece of black c/s then added strips of gray & red for contrast to the black layer. A little red bird was added just because...

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Bird FeederBirds of a Feather  (inside: Life is Friendship )
paper: Staples 110# white, dk gray, black, red
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks stormy sky, London fog
accessories: unknown cross stitch pennant flag dies, birds on a wire border punch, Copic markers, Misti, bird punches



5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so cute with the raindrops and the die cut birds!! This image is amazing and you make it shine!

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is fabulous. Your coloring of that image is wonderful and the image looks perfect with that sentiment too. Your raindrops really tie it together and I love the extra little die cuts and details. Wow!!! Hugz

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Julie. Love how you sponged that sky for the greeting. Gorgeous coloring & design!

Sue said...

What a wonderful card Julie! Love the dark stormy colors with the pops of bright red! Your birds on a wire punch is a perfect match and the raindrops add so much I'm thinking we might need to add something like it to our collection!!

Karin said...

Oh goodness! This isn't a card, it's a masterpiece! Your image panel is so gorgeous and I love the die cut birds you added both inside and out!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP