Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Two Cards

>> Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hi Everyone,

The first time I saw this Pumpkin Spice Everything Nice greeting, I knew I wanted to make a coffee themed card.  There was just one problem...I don't own a coffee cup die!  Many of my design team mates made darling cards with this idea, and I knew if I thought hard enough, I could make one too.  I just needed to be a little creative. I pulled out my idea binder, and I came across some punch art using the old tag punch from Stampin Up.  I simply added some handles using a couple of circle punches, and stamped them both using my Splatter Background stamp.  

I had already decided to make a friendship card, so I attached the mugs to an embossed hello background, and added a heart in between the two mugs.   


I made a strip of patterned paper using the Medium Silhouette Leaf stamp and the Silhouette Branch Background stamp.  I added a border and attached the greeting with dimensional foam tape.

Since October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought I would post this too.  I used the Cancer Is stamp to make a card to cheer on a friend who is fighting this disease.   


I added the Support Ribbon on top of the greeting and used basically the same layout as the above card.  

Get yer checkups Ladies, and then come home and stamp something!

Have a great day!
Karin


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are two awesome card. I love your pumpkin spice card with the die cut cups and fun splatter stamp. I am drinking some pumpkin spice coffee right now so I smiled when I saw it. The Breast Cancer card is beautiful - I so need to go dig out my stamp as well. This is the perfect month for it and I have several friends who could use a card like this. Wonderfully created projects today. Hugz

Sue said...

Wonderful cards Karin!! Very clever making your own coffee mugs (never fear though...a stamp is on the way :) You paired with the perfect embossing folder too! Also love your cancer awareness card...it all came together perfectly!

Shelia said...

Super cute cards, Karin. I love your homemade coffee cups! I really like how you made them, so creative! Your cancer awareness card is gorgeous too!

Janett said...

Great cards Karin, love the leaf border on the coffee card. Your other card is very pretty.

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute pumpkin spice card! Love the cups like two friends drinking coffee together!
Love your cancer card too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are super, Karin! Love your pumpkin spice & the leaves border really makes it perfect. Your pink card is so supportive & encouraging...I'm sure your friend will be touched by your caring.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP