Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Frog on a Wall

>> Friday, August 11, 2017

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! The way my week has gone, I can only wish I had the time to sit & ponder things like this cute Frog on a wall. My poor Fitbit is about to give up the ghost trying to keep up w/ me. Most nights, it stopped telling me my sleep pattern & just says "you're getting a simplified version because we can't get a constant reading". Really? One night it told me I only slept 2 hrs 41 min. I KNOW I was asleep 6 hrs. Or else I'm walking in my sleep, lol. Must be my weird magnetic thing. Light bulbs blow when I touch them..before quartz watches, I could only wear a watch for a couple of hours before it stopped. I had a drawer full of watches so I could swap them out every few hours. After I took them off they'd start working again after about half a day. And the first generation of electronic cash registers & cordless phones would totally go haywire when I got near. Remember floppy discs? My hubby swore I erased them just by touching them or being very near them. Weird, huh? 

Anyway, my little frog is seriously contemplating a loved one who's far away, don't you think? To make my card, I stamped the brick wall w/ gray ink then colored it w/ gray Copics.  The sky was sponged w/ a self made cloud stencil. I decided it was easier to just stamp Mr. Frog on a separate piece, color him & fussy cut him. I made a slit along the top of the wall to insert him & make it look like he was leaning on it. The greeting was added on a thought/speech bubble along w/ some dragonflies
Here's a look at the inside & below are the Copics I used. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: X-Press It white, Staples 110# white, gray
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, gray flannel
accessories:  Misti, Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics B, Speech Bubble dies, Lil' Inker stitched rectangle dies, stickles


7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, your pondering frog on the brick wall is so fun! He does look exactly like he is missing someone (or wanting one of those dragonflies - lol), and he is colored up perfectly. I need that speech bubble die! What a fun card beautifully done. Hugz

Shelia said...

Julie, this is just too stinkin' cute! Love the little frog sitting on the wall. And I love the white brick! Wow! This card just makes me smile!

Karin said...

This is just crazy cute! Love the frog, the wall and all the dragonflies too! Thank goodness stamps and ink aren't run by modern technology...Then you'd have some problems, lol!

Samantha said...

What an adorable card! I don't know what your frog is pondering, but you've given him an awesome space to do it in! I love how you colored the wall!

Sue said...

"Toad"ally awesome Julie! :) I love how you have his arms/legs(?) hanging over the wall. Perfect coloring as per usual too!
I get your magnetic thing - it's amazing how many street lights go out as I drive under them.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love how you brick wall looks! Beautiful coloring as always and love your frog too, he is so cute!

Janett said...

I love this card Julie, your brick wall is perfect!!!! Love the little frog. Great card.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP