Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Thanksgiving Wishes

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hi Everyone,
 
Another fall themed card coming your way at the DRS Designs blog!  I don't know about you, but I love the rich colors of autumn :)
 
I used two stamps to make my background for this card.  One was the Medium Silhouette Leaf that I stamped in different fall colors, and the new Open Leaf stamp which I stamped on top using brown ink.  That's what gives them the outline and the veins. 
 
I decided to play off of the fall colors, and after stamping the Hayrides Harvest Greeting, I highlighted the words in coordinating colors using my Copic markers. Finally, I used the Material Maker Square stamp which was inked in a deep yellow ink, and stamped the  Scarecrow right on top with a brown ink. 
 
 
Some brown gem flourishes and ribbon were my finishing embellishments. 
 
Thanks for dropping in today and don't forget, all of the most recently released stamps from DRS Designs can be found right here!
 
Karin

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, those leaves are stamped perfectly!! They make a wonderful background for this lovely fall card! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Karin! I love all the leaves in the bg and the highlighting in different colors on the sentiment.

Samantha said...

What a lovely card, Karin! Those beautiful fall leaves put me right in the Thanksgiving mood!

Sue said...

Love your leaves Karin!!

Jennifer E. said...

Love what you've done with the sentiment! I never think to do highlighting like that. Beautiful job on the leaves too!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous! The fall colors are my favorite. I love your coloring on the Christmas creation, too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP